2020-11-08, 13:00–17:00, Workshop 1
Grafana is an open source platform for monitoring and observability. In this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn how to get started with monitoring your systems with Grafana. You’ll connect your data to Grafana and create beautiful visualizations to better understand your applications.
After this workshop, you’ll be able to set up a monitoring platform for your systems based on Grafana best practices. Even if you’re familiar with Grafana, you’ll learn something new!
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to get started with Grafana. You’ll learn how to:
- Connect your data sources to Grafana
- Explore your metrics and logs to gain deeper insights
- Create dashboards to keep track of trends with at-a-glance views of your system
- Use annotations, thresholds, and time regions to add context to your graphs
- Create dynamic dashboard with template variables and drill-down navigation
- Use best practices for beautiful and actionable dashboards
This workshop is meant for Site Reliability Engineers, and Operators.
Docker and Docker Compose installed
Marcus Olsson has been building data infrastructure and cloud native applications for the past 9 years. He’s an experienced public speaker and educator on software architecture and development practices. Today, he’s a Developer Advocate at Grafana Labs, where he helps professionals become better at understanding and monitoring software systems.